I responded to the thread congratulating Wrestling Classics on the second anniversary of this version of this Wrestling Classics Message Board.
But this is a big enough deal that I want to make a separate post on the subject.
I'm just humbled. I truly am. I've said this before and it bears repeating: The Message Board is more of a testament to the thousands of quality posters we've had than it is to me.
When we started this three years ago, I had no idea what kind of response to expect. And in my wildest dreams, I never expected the success this Message Board has had.
The growth has been fun. Sometimes it's a struggle to stay above the curve so the technology end of it matches the traffic growth. But it's been worth every ounce of effort.
I humbly redirect your applause to some people that don't get nearly enough of it:
1) Jan Herod. She designed the Wrestling Classics Web site and most of the sites for our individual wrestlers. People that don't know anything about Web site design don't understand how much time she put in to get us off the ground. She makes it all look so easy that I don't think people realize how talented she really is.
2) Dave Kandz. Dave is wizard that installs all the advanced programming features such as the shopping cart and this message board. When it comes to computer code, Dave is a shooter on the level of Lou Thesz, Jack Brisco, and Danny Hodge. Dave has been tireless in exploring what software is out there, moving us to the new server, making sure everything works, upgrading exiting software, etc. You don't know how many times I've called him with an emergency and he's come through. Every time. Simply put, he's the best in the business.
3) The Moderators, especially Crimson Mask. I'm not sure people understand how hard Mask has worked. How tireless he is and how good he is at this. If you want to give an MVP Award around here, write his name on your ballot.
4) There are bunches of people around here that have been around here from the beginning. Not just of this board but the first version. I want to name names but I'm terrified I'll leave someone out and I don't want to offend the people that have been the backbone.
5) Charlie Thesz, who makes Lou Thesz' participation possible. She transcribes all of Lou's responses.
6) The Bushwhackers, who were the first wrestlers that let us do their Web site. Butch Miller, we all love you, and you're in our thoughts and prayers.
7) The Virtual Wrestling guys who have created a truly cool franchise. If you haven't read the Virtual Wrestling Forum, you're missing it. It's a lot of fun.
8) All the wrestling veterans that have posted here and given us a unique perspective.
To all you other wrestling veterans: Go ahead and register and take part in some of the discussions. Itís easy. And you know want to.
Hereís to the future growth and more importantly everyone thatís responsible for it. Especially the members. Thank you.