WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Jack Brisco forum » Slamboree 1993

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Slamboree 1993
NWA4ever
Member # 1990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NWA4ever   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a multi part question:

A. Did you and Jerry ever have a "feud" with the Von Erichs (Kevin and David)

B. I have an old WCW magazine from the time Slamboree 93 was approching, it listed Jack Brisco as a guest, but on the PPV no Jack Brisco? What happen?

C. When you were the World Champ, they changed the leather strap on the NWA title from the "boxing belt/buckle like a waist belt" to the more traditional "snaps on black leather" I have heard Sam Muchnick loaned you the old "Thesz" NWA belt. I was wondering if your remeber this, and if your self had any old pics with the belt, the old "thesz" belt that is?

D. I am sure you have asked this before, but why did you Jerry leave the NWA/Crockett territory in 1984 when you did? Why not an other trip back to Florida?

E. Roddy Piper: was he difficult to "work" with in and out of the ring as far as backstage area?

Non related wrestling question:

Have you ever worked on a deloaren (sp) like the car from "Back to the Future"?

Thank you for the greatness....

Dave Steele http://www.geocities.com/nwa_fantasywrestling

IP: Logged
Jack Brisco
Administrator
Member # 1944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Brisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NWA4ever:
I have a multi part question:

A. Did you and Jerry ever have a "feud" with the Von Erichs (Kevin and David)

B. I have an old WCW magazine from the time Slamboree 93 was approching, it listed Jack Brisco as a guest, but on the PPV no Jack Brisco? What happen?

C. When you were the World Champ, they changed the leather strap on the NWA title from the "boxing belt/buckle like a waist belt" to the more traditional "snaps on black leather" I have heard Sam Muchnick loaned you the old "Thesz" NWA belt. I was wondering if your remeber this, and if your self had any old pics with the belt, the old "thesz" belt that is?

D. I am sure you have asked this before, but why did you Jerry leave the NWA/Crockett territory in 1984 when you did? Why not an other trip back to Florida?

E. Roddy Piper: was he difficult to "work" with in and out of the ring as far as backstage area?

Non related wrestling question:

Have you ever worked on a deloaren (sp) like the car from "Back to the Future"?

Thank you for the greatness....

Dave Steele http://www.geocities.com/nwa_fantasywrestling

A) We never had a feud but Jerry and I wrestled and Kevin and David in a match in Tampa. When Kevin came in he brought all his brothers and they came to my house and we had a great time.

B) I was invited to go and circimstances prevented me from attending.

C) That is true. The original belt was red velvet. It would get dirty and nasty so I had them change to leather. While they were changing it I was wearing the old Thesz belt. I wish I had some pictures made. I only wore it maybe three times until my new belt was ready.

E) Roddy was great to work with. A pro's pro. I think very highly of Roddy.

M.DuPree
Member # 426

Icon 1 posted      Profile for M.DuPree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Brisco:
[BC) That is true. The original belt was red velvet. It would get dirty and nasty so I had them change to leather. While they were changing it I was wearing the old Thesz belt. I wish I had some pictures made. I only wore it maybe three times until my new belt was ready.

[/B]

There was a shot of you wearing the old belt in and old Wrestling News magazine before one of your bouts against Wahoo,FWIW.

NWA4ever
Member # 1990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NWA4ever   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been emailing Jerry, and he has told me he has a son in H.S. wrestling, so does this mean that there will be a new generation of Brisco's wrestling?

If so I hope Jerry's son can uphold the great tradition that he and you brought to the matsport.

P.S. The next time you get to talk with JB, tell him thank you for being so thoughtful in returning those emails. I am sure that the WWF is keeping him busy and for him to take time out to return my email was very thoughtful.
http://www.geocities.com/nwa_fantasywrestling

[This message has been edited by NWA4ever (edited 11-08-2001).]

NWA4ever
Member # 1990

I am sorry I had a few more questions, thank you for your time.

A.)When people come down to the shop, and when you there do any of your customers remember you from your matsport days?

B.) I am from Texas, (Please don't hold that against me ) How well did you like working for Paul Boesch? I have talked with some retired wrestlers and they say next to Mr. Sam M., he was one of the best promoters to work for. Did he pay out good?

And did you ever work for Vince J. McMahon (Sr., if you will.)

C.) I am sure you worked for James Crockett, Sr. but how would you compare Crockett Sr. if and when you worked for him, as to when you worked for Crockett, Jr. Who was the better promoter; better pay outs, etc.

BTW, The NWA is having their anniversary in Texas next year, and I thought since you beat Mr. Race in Houston, you may attend. I hope so. Right now, Ken Taylor is attempting to get some of the legends to attend and whom better to show than the MAN.... He is attempting to get Kevin Von Erich, but since his family deaths, I am sure he will pass.

Any whoo, good health to you and your family.

[This message has been edited by NWA4ever (edited 11-08-2001).]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations