WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Jack Brisco forum » Johnny Weaver

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Johnny Weaver
Flair Fan
Member # 294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flair Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings Mr Brisco,

I add my own two cents welcoming you and stating how wonderful it is to have you as a part of this board. I would like your "take" on Johnny Weaver and thank you in advance for your response.

Another poster had asked for your take on Paul Jones and it triggered similiar thoughts for me of Johnny. It seemed that he had no desire to travel out of the Mid-Atlantic other than a rare short tour of Florida and a match or three here and there in other territories. I always thought that was the reason he never gained national "fame".

I would appreciate your take on him as a wrestler and why he never had more prominance outside the Mid-Atlantic. One memory, watching Johnny go down to Florida to challenge you for the World title but he was under a hood as a "Mr Wrestling" and the "storyline" was he had come down to take you on in disguise because you were "ducking" him in the M-A.

Thanks again,

Flair Fan

IP: Logged
Jack Brisco
Administrator
Member # 1944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Brisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wrestled Johnny several times in the Carolinas. We sold out every time we wrestled.

I have a very high opinion of Johnny. He is a good friend of mine.

He made good money in the Carolinas and was always on top. He had no desire to leave there. He would have been a headliner anywhere he wrestled.

Raleigh Land Shark
Member # 4257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raleigh Land Shark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Flair Fan:
One memory, watching Johnny go down to Florida to challenge you for the World title but he was under a hood as a "Mr Wrestling" and the "storyline" was he had come down to take you on in disguise because you were "ducking" him in the M-A.

Thanks again,

Flair Fan

Johnny Weaver wore the hood as Mr. Wrestling to take on Dory Funk Jr, who was "ducking" JW in the MACW area.

--------------------
RAMS CLUB MOTTO:

"In Roy We Trust"

Intelligent Sensational Super Mopey
Member # 5974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Intelligent Sensational Super Mopey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder when Jack wrestled Johnny if it was a straight face vs face contest? Or did Jack do the subtle heel? Would love to have seen the matches!

--------------------
"Live long and prosper."

"HAVE AT THEE BASE VILLIAN!"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations