WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Jack Brisco forum » Early days with Nick Gulas

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Early days with Nick Gulas
Lucas
Member # 918

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Jack--I'm in the Chattanooga area, & saw some mid '60's results from here where you were here wrestling for Nick Gulas, but, only for a few weeks (can't blame you there!). Saw where you wrestled Chattanooga native Eddie "Graham" Gossett here in "Choo-Choo", also. Any memories of wrestling for Gulas back then, or being in Chattanooga briefly? Local businessman & wrestling tv announcer Harry Thornton helped promote here in Chattanooga, also. Did you wrestle on Chattanooga tv back then? I'm 50 years old now, & was in my mid teens back then, but, wasn't watching the tv show fulltime then-can't recall if I saw you here then, or not.?

IP: Logged
Lucas
Member # 918

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was in Feb.-March of 1966, when you wrestled here in Chattanooga. Records show you had a draw with Eddie Graham here on March 3rd, 1966. Also here some then was Hiro Matsuda teaming with Antonio Inoki, Haystacks Calhoun, Eddie & Sam Steamboat a little, Jackie Fargo, Len Rossi, the Von Brauners & Saul, the masked Medics, Ken Hollis, Tojo Yamamoto & Alex Perez, & Mario Milano.
Lucas
Member # 918

Inoki wrestled here as Kanji, not Antonio. He & Hiro held the world tag belts here for awhile, had some bouts with Graham & Steamboat, Rossi & Milano, & others
Lucas
Member # 918

"bumpity bump"!--Jack, hoping you will comment on your brief 1966 stay in Tennessee for Nick Gulas. Thanks!
Jack Brisco
Administrator
Member # 1944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Brisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd really rather not....

Let's just say it was invaluable learning experience of all what I didn't want to know about this business.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations