WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Jack Brisco forum » Anyone know what belt this is?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone know what belt this is?
VinceF
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VinceF   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the Brisco site:

IP: Logged
Long Legged Mackdaddy El Topo
Member # 1823

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Long Legged Mackdaddy El Topo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why the WCFL Oklahoma State Championship, of course!

Wild guess- looking at the poster, he's not the Southern Champion . . .not the World Champion . . Florida title? The only thing that's confusing is the crown on the title belt.

VinceF
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VinceF   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no idea... assuming it's a singles title, Jack held the NWA, Mid-Atlantic, Missouri, Florida Heavy, Florida Southern, Florida TV, and AWA Southern title.

We know it's not the NWA or Missouri belt, and I think I've seen all versions of the Mid-Atlantic title, so it leaves the other four... anyone have any ideas?

In the Brisco slide show on his site, there's also a pic with his brother Jerry holding the tag belts. They're identified as the Florida tag belts, but I wanted to clarify since Jack and Jerry held the Florida N. American tag belts, the Florida US tag belts, and the Florida version of the World Tag belts... anyone know which of these belts they are for sure and the approx. date?

Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, seems to me the logical person to ask would be...
Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*SHAZAM*

... Jack?

So long from the Sunshine State!

Libnan Ayoub
Member # 1511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Libnan Ayoub   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The belt Jack is wearing is the Eastern States belt, Carolina territory. Jerry Brisco also held it along with Larry Hamilton and Dan Miller. It was renamed the Mid Atlantic Title in 1974.
VinceF
Member # 140

Libnan -

are you sure that's the Eastern title...? Check this out... this is a picture of Danny Miller holding what we've surmised is the Eastern title... this pic here would've been in Sept. 1971.... Jack held the Eastern title in late 71... and by 1975, the Eastern title, now Mid-Atlantic title, looked like this:

Mr. Brisco, can you help clear this up at all?

Jeff Luce
Member # 1822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Luce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The X looks like the Confederate flag. And it looks like I can make out the border of Georgia or maybe Alabama.
Libnan Ayoub
Member # 1511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Libnan Ayoub   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vince, I saw a picture before of Jerry Brisco wearing that belt, which it said was the Eastern States belt. Since you brought up your new information, it got me thinking again.
I flicked through " Official wrestling Yearbook" by sports buff illustrated from 1973 and on page 154 there is a picture of Tim Woods wearing the same belt, NWA Southern Belt from Florida. I can scan you the picture if you do not have it.

VinceF
Member # 140

quote:
Tim Woods wearing the same belt, NWA Southern Belt from Florida. I can scan you the picture if you do not have it.
[/B]

That would be great... email it to me at webmaster@kayfabememories.com. Thanks!

GreyGhost from MS
Member # 1856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GreyGhost from MS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by foolio121:
The X looks like the Confederate flag.

Um.....the flag of the Confederate States of America had no "X" in it. Perhaps you meant the oft-misidentified Battle Flag used by some, but not all, Southern units in The War of Northern Aggression?

Jack Brisco
Administrator
Member # 1944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Brisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by VinceF:
From the Brisco site:

It's the Southern heavyweight championship.

nothing to see here
Member # 672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nothing to see here     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The War of Northern Aggression?

Was that before or after the Civil War?

VinceF
Member # 140

Thanks Jack and to everyone else who answered... this will go up as an addition to the KM Belt Gallery....

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations