WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Jack Brisco forum » You, Dory Funk Jr., Harley Race, & the NWA Title

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: You, Dory Funk Jr., Harley Race, & the NWA Title
Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greatest long-term rivalry I ever saw was you and Dory Funk Jr. The Japan match stands out in my opinion.

The rumors still are around. Was there ever legit personal heat between you and Dunk?

And there is a story that Dunk, or Senior speaking for him to the NWA board, falsely exaggerated a shoulder injury Dunk got in a truck accident, to avoid dropping the title to you. The story continues that when he agreed to drop it to Harley instead it was not trusted, and it was set up for Harley, if Dory didn't cooperate in the ring, to turn it into a streetfight and shoot, and that Dory was warned of this. The match went smooth so we'll never know.

Can you shed any light on this? It confuses the hell out of me.

And one comment---the most electric moment I remember ever seeing at a live match was you challenging Harley in a title match at Miami Beach---at the bell you flew out of the corner and nailed him with a dropkick and slapped on the Figure-4, and all however many thousand people were on their feet SCREAMING.

So long from the Sunshine State!

IP: Logged
Larry
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How appropriate that Crimson Mask I posted this at 6:05 p.m. on a Saturday night. Good job, CM!
IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations