WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Jack Brisco forum » Jack, Your Take On...? # 1: BOBO BRAZIL

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jack, Your Take On...? # 1: BOBO BRAZIL
Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jack, I was amazed, as I'm sure everybody else who's seen it was, to watch the match with you and Bobo from Japan on the TOTALLY amazing Jack Brisco in Japan Tape...

*commercial interruption http://wrestlingclassics.com/Merchant/agent.mv?AG=homepage&SC=CTGY&S=wc&C=JBV *

... and watch Bobo doing the psycho heel gimmick.

Looked like you and Bobo worked great together.

Did you work with him much other than that match? What can you tell us about your experiences with Bobo?

So long from the Sunshine State!

IP: Logged
Death Warrant
Member # 1366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Death Warrant   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you tell us a bit about the match, C.M.? I'm a big time fan of Bobo's and it would be great to hear about Bobo Brazil's 'evil half' in Japan.

I've Heard that Bobo, as part of his gimmick, would eat the flowers that the Ring Girls would bring to the wrestlers. And that one time when Bobo ate the flower's, there was a bee inside and it stung him inside the mouth! ouch!

Growing up watching Bobo Brazil and Big Time Wrestling, it's hard to imagine Bobo as a bad guy.

Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um... at the risk of descending to outright shilling here...

BUY THE TAPE!!!

Really. Two outstanding matches with Jack vs. Baba, the IMO best and most technical of all the Jack vs. Dory matches, and Jack vs. Bobo. All I will say is that Bobo does the total-psycho heel gimmick to the nth degree, and his second in the match is Rufus R. Jones, and you have never seen Rufus like this either.

Jack Brisco
Administrator
Member # 1944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Brisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't work with Bobo very much. I didn't think it was a very good match. I kinda put it out of my mind.

Bobo was a hard for me to work with because our styles were so different.

Bobo was a loner. He kept to himself. You never saw Bobo except for the dressing room. Even on Japan tours where everybody ate together and drank together every night, Bobo kept to himself.

But don't get me wrong I liked Bobo a lot. I remember one time I was coming to Japan and he was already there and I got a phone call from Dory and Dory asked me to please bring Bobo some Red Man chewing tobacco. When I got there he asked me, "Did you bring me my Red Man Chew?" I said, "Yeah, Bobo." I opened up my bad and threw him a couple of pouches. His jaw dropped and he goes, "Jack, is that all you brought?" I just looked at him. "Yeah, Bobo, isn't that a lot?" He just said thank you. About half-an-hour later he goes "I can't believe that's all you brought." I just smiled and opened my bag back up. Then I have him the rest of his tobacco, well enough for the rest of his tour. His eyes lit up and he gave me a big hug. I got him good on that one.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations