WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Jack Brisco forum » I will be here, right now I'm listening to David Allan Coe

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I will be here, right now I'm listening to David Allan Coe
Jack Brisco
Administrator
Member # 1944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Brisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark tried, he really did.

He came over and wanted to help me answer messages.

But David Allan was in town, so I told him we had to go see him instead. And he said OK.

Soon, I promise, I'll answer messages.

But right now I'm teaching him about David Allan.

Those Texas boys....

I'll do my best.


IP: Logged
Madison Carter from TX
Member
Member # 1166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Madison Carter from TX         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Brisco, it is an honor. Take all the time you want.

Those Texas boys, indeed


IP: Logged
Mark from WA
Member
Member # 1548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great to see you here at WC !!
Welcome.



IP: Logged
Wild Red Herring
Member
Member # 1871

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wild Red Herring   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I was drunk on the day Mark got out of prison, but Jack went to pick him up in the rain. But before he could get there in the Brisco Brothers Body Shop pickup ... truck ... Mark got attacked in an alleyway by Buddy Wayne.

Well, you don't have to call me Nulty ... Nulty. You never even called me by my name.

You know, my good friend Rufus R. "Freight Train" Jones wrote that song. And one day he called me up and said "Dis is Rufah. I wrote a song." I said, "Okay, Rufus." He said "You like da Fray Tray song, baby? It da perfect country-rasslin' song."

I said, "Well, Rufus. I reckon I like it all right, but it's not the perfect country-wrestling song. You didn't say nothin' about Jack Brisco, or Mark Nulty, or getting attacked in an alleyway by Buddy Wayne."

So Rufus sat down and wrote another line to the song and I felt obliged to include it in this post. It goes a little something like ... aw, nevermind.

[This message has been edited by Wild Red Herring (edited 10-12-2001).]


IP: Logged
Crimson Mask I
unregistered


Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw, jeez, who knows how long THIS is gonna take? And then Merle will probably show up or something if they can get him off the golf course, and then Jack's gonna have to teach Mark about HIM, and...

So long from the Sunshine State!

[This message has been edited by Crimson Mask I (edited 10-12-2001).]


IP: Logged
D.Boon
Member
Member # 664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D.Boon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iím glad to see you have your priorities in order. Spreading the word of David Allan Coe is way more important than anything to do with pro wrestling.


Except for a Jimmy Valiant promo



IP: Logged
Crimson Mask I
unregistered


Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeppa yeppa yeppa sha la la, daddy!
IP: Logged
Crimson Mask I
unregistered


Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, did you teach Mark about David Allan's tattoo?
IP: Logged
Klon
Member
Member # 1968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klon         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has been reported that David Allan Coe has over 365 tatoos and one is a spider on his penis,FYI. By the way I have been a Coe fan since 1975 and one of my favorite eras was when he used to be part of Dusty's Great American Bash tours
IP: Logged
Crimson Mask I
unregistered


Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Klon:
It has been reported that David Allan Coe has over 365 tatoos and one is a spider on his penis,FYI.

Was trine not to go there directly... Kinky Friedman says it's a snake, though.


IP: Logged
Jack Brisco
Administrator
Member # 1944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Brisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wild Red Herring:
Well, I was drunk on the day Mark got out of prison, but Jack went to pick him up in the rain. But before he could get there in the Brisco Brothers Body Shop pickup ... truck ... Mark got attacked in an alleyway by Buddy Wayne.

Well, you don't have to call me Nulty ... Nulty. You never even called me by my name.

You know, my good friend Rufus R. "Freight Train" Jones wrote that song. And one day he called me up and said "Dis is Rufah. I wrote a song." I said, "Okay, Rufus." He said "You like da Fray Tray song, baby? It da perfect country-rasslin' song."

I said, "Well, Rufus. I reckon I like it all right, but it's not the perfect country-wrestling song. You didn't say nothin' about Jack Brisco, or Mark Nulty, or getting attacked in an alleyway by Buddy Wayne."

So Rufus sat down and wrote another line to the song and I felt obliged to include it in this post. It goes a little something like ... aw, nevermind.

[This message has been edited by Wild Red Herring (edited 10-12-2001).]


I can't remember the last time I laughed this hard. This was perfect, just perfect.

Well, except Rufus wrote the perfect the barbecue-country song, not the perfect wrestling-country song, especially about Pork Chops, chitlins and that other stuff.


IP: Logged
D.Boon
Member
Member # 664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D.Boon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jack I donít know if you noticed but we do these thing around here about who would win in a shoot and I wanted to get your thoughts on this one (remember both are in their prime).

David Allan Coe or Vince McMahon


IP: Logged
RedSoxFan
Member
Member # 1531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RedSoxFan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
every common wrestling fan should know about David Allan Coe....remember the Undertakers "American Badass" theme, he is in the song, to quote

"like David Allan Coe & No Soul Jones"

if the common fan don't know the name, shame on you


IP: Logged
D.Boon
Member
Member # 664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D.Boon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by El Talon Del Monstruo:
every common wrestling fan should know about David Allan Coe....remember the Undertakers "American Badass" theme, he is in the song, to quote

"like David Allan Coe & No Soul Jones"

if the common fan don't know the name, shame on you


uh that's no show Jones. like in George Jones.


IP: Logged
the german
Member
Member # 1667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the german     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think the tape is stuck!!!
IP: Logged
I Poked Monkey
Member
Member # 2014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I Poked Monkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jack, did you ever see the films David Allan Coe made with Earl Owensby up in North Carolina? Buckstone County Prison (re-released as Seabo) and Lady Grey (with Elvis' Priscella-like ex-girlfriend in the lead). Sorta on the cheesy side but fun nonetheless.
IP: Logged
Geoff from Melbourne
Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff from Melbourne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Klon:
David Allan Coe has over 365 tatoos and one is a spider on his penis,FYI. By the way I have been a Coe fan since 1975

"Hey Klon" ..that's just a little bit too much information!
"Mona Lisa lost her smile" is my favorite David Allan Coe song.


IP: Logged
Pavlov's Dawg
Member
Member # 22288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pavlov's Dawg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread really put a smile on my face despite the sad day.
IP: Logged
   

Quick Reply
Message:

HTML is enabled.
UBB Codeô is enabled.

Instant Graemlins
   


Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:


Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3