WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Jack Brisco forum » Ken Lucas

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ken Lucas
diamondmd
Member # 1292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamondmd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jack - I had the pleasure of seeing you defend the NWA title against Ken Lucas in Mobile, Alabama. In my opinion, the match ranked up there with your matches with Dory Jr. What was your opinion of Lucas?
IP: Logged
Lucas
Member # 918

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dothan tv announcer Charlie Platt has said that past Jack Brisco- Ken Lucas World title bouts that he saw in Dothan, Ala. back in the mid '70's were just about THE best bouts that he ever saw, & Charlie Platt saw a LOT of great bouts over the years, so his comments really say something! I, too, am curious to hear Jack's thoughts & memories of wrestling Ken Lucas in the Gulf Coast in the '70's.
Jeff Luce
Member # 1822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Luce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you weren't in the Gulf Coast/Southeastern area, you'd have no idea how over Ken Lucas was. Lucas was the perfect example of you don't have to be a 6'9" 300 lbs slow motion, no talent bum. Lucas couldn't be more than 5'7" 200 lbs, but he was one tough hombre, and used psychology like no other. I seen Lucas take on Flair at the Pensacola Bayfront Aud. Kenny beat Flair from pillar to post, but got DQ'ed for being a little over zealous. The people were not very happy w/ the ref after that.
Jack Brisco
Administrator
Member # 1944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Brisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, yeah, I had some great matches with Ken Lucas.

Ken's a guy that would have been a big star but we couldn't get him to leave Alabama!

He was a great guy and a phenomenal talent.

Lucas
Member # 918

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your reply, Jack! Glad to read that you had such a high opinion of Ken Lucas. So do many of us who saw him wrestle on a regular basis in the South. Besides Alabama, Ken had a lot of great matches in Tennessee, & surrounding states for promoters Nick Gulas, Jerry Jarrett, & Ron Fuller.
BlindLemonMeringue
Member # 1540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlindLemonMeringue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I "was" at the Houston County Farm Center the night Ken Lucas and Jack did their broadway with Ken having Jack in the sleeper as the bell sounded. It and the Jack v Dory Jr match were the two best matches I have ever seen. I would like to see some of the "boys" do a match like that today.
Claymation Quartermain
Member # 6083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claymation Quartermain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang Ken vs Jack is something I would pay to see today even if it was just on a video. I am sure there are a ton of guys Jack defended the NWA belt against that is true about. I only really remember his matches vs The Funks, Harley, Paul Jones. Wish there was more footage of him defending the NWA world belt.

--------------------
"Old Time Hockey?"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations