WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Jack Brisco forum » Welcome, Mr. Brisco

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Welcome, Mr. Brisco
Larry
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are very honored to have you join us here on the board.

I have been a wrestling fan since 1968. I followed your career for many years. I particularly enjoyed your stint as NWA World Champion. And, of course, your classic matches with Dory Funk, Jr. have to rate as some of the best I have ever seen.

My question to you is this......

How did being a left handed wrestler hinder you (if at all)? I know that wrestling, like most of the world, is mostly a righty thing. What kind of obstacles did you have to face as a southpaw grappler?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can share on this topic.

Larry

IP: Logged
Jack Brisco
Administrator
Member # 1944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Brisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Larry:
We are very honored to have you join us here on the board.

I have been a wrestling fan since 1968. I followed your career for many years. I particularly enjoyed your stint as NWA World Champion. And, of course, your classic matches with Dory Funk, Jr. have to rate as some of the best I have ever seen.

My question to you is this......

How did being a left handed wrestler hinder you (if at all)? I know that wrestling, like most of the world, is mostly a righty thing. What kind of obstacles did you have to face as a southpaw grappler?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can share on this topic.

Larry

None, we always worked on the left side. The only that was a little awkward was for my opponents when I threw that left handed punch, most guys took a right handed bump.

Terry Funk was left handed too. One night I backed him up in the corner and went, "I hate working with you left handed clowns."

IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations