WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Jack Brisco forum » Cowboy Bill Watts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cowboy Bill Watts
ClaytonMooreJr
Member # 1805

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ClaytonMooreJr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jack,

Welcome aboard. How did you come to know Bill Watts if you went to Oklahoma State and he was at OU? At what point did he bulk up to around 300 pounds? One picture in the OU annual has him next to Dale Lewis on the wrestling team and they said he weighed 220.I guess when he bulked up after his near fatal accident his weight was over the OU weigh limit for football. What happened then?
I also met your brother Jerry years ago and he is one of the nicest people I ever met. He told me that he always got sore after each match because he was not big. In mind he was big and a great wrestler.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by ClaytonMooreJr (edited 10-06-2001).]

IP: Logged
Jack Brisco
Administrator
Member # 1944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Brisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ClaytonMooreJr:
Jack,

Welcome aboard. How did you come to know Bill Watts if you went to Oklahoma State and he was at OU? At what point did he bulk up to around 300 pounds? One picture in the OU annual has him next to Dale Lewis on the wrestling team and they said he weighed 220.I guess when he bulked up after his near fatal accident his weight was over the OU weigh limit for football. What happened then?
I also met your brother Jerry years ago and he is one of the nicest people I ever met. He told me that he always got sore after each match because he was not big. In mind he was big and a great wrestler.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by ClaytonMooreJr (edited 10-06-2001).]

When I was in high school I wrestled Bill's younger brother. I met Bill and his family through high school wrestler. Bill's came to Oklohoma State with me, except he was on a football scholarship. So Bill came to visit OSU every now and then. We were very friendly and would usually go out and have a few beers together and became good friends. I never remembered Bill being 220. I always remembered Bill being 300 pounds and the biggest man I ever saw in Oklohoma. When Bill left school, he tried out for a few pro football teams but didn't make it. I ran into Bill one night after he got cut in Denver Broncos training camp. He asked me what I was going to do. I told him I'm going to be a professional wrestler. I told him he should call Leroy McGuirk. He already knew Danny Hodge. I didn't see Bill for several months. The next time I saw him he was on TV wrestling for Leory McGuirk.

ClaytonMooreJr
Member # 1805

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ClaytonMooreJr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Brisco:

When I was in high school I wrestled Bill's younger brother. I met Bill and his family through high school wrestler. Bill's came to Oklohoma State with me, except he was on a football scholarship. So Bill came to visit OSU every now and then. We were very friendly and would usually go out and have a few beers together and became good friends. I never remembered Bill being 220. I always remembered Bill being 300 pounds and the biggest man I ever saw in Oklohoma. When Bill left school, he tried out for a few pro football teams but didn't make it. I ran into Bill one night after he got cut in Denver Broncos training camp. He asked me what I was going to do. I told him I'm going to be a professional wrestler. I told him he should call Leroy McGuirk. He already knew Danny Hodge. I didn't see Bill for several months. The next time I saw him he was on TV wrestling for Leory McGuirk.

Thank you Jack for taking the time. I did receive a picture of Bill Watts next to Lewis and he was smaller than Lewis because they listed Lewis at 240. This must have been before his accident because Watts said he gained 70 pounds after the train-car accident.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations