WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Jack Brisco forum » First Post- Welcome Jack Brisco!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: First Post- Welcome Jack Brisco!
OneFanGang
Member # 1033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneFanGang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Greetings to you!

As someone who has followed pro wrestling since 1978, I would like to take the opportunity to welcome you aboard.

For a starter question, I would like to ask you about your multi-year rivalry with Dory Funk Jr. At what point did you realize the magnitude of the matches were being viewed as a full-fledged feud by the audience?

Would you say the involvement of your brother and Terry Funk in various matches prolonged an issue that may have had only a certain shelf life if it were just you and Dory?

Finally, I would like your take on your use of the flying dropkick. I've seen a few pictures of you using it, and it seems like perhaps that move wasn't one you enjoyed using, but gave a new aspect to your style that fans could appreciate. Would that be an accurate statement, or did the dropkick come naturally to you in the course of a match? Again, glad to have you here, Jack.

IP: Logged
OneFanGang
Member # 1033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneFanGang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Well, in the time it took me to write my questions, I stand corrected. The thread is the second post on the forum!

EVAD
Member # 1917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EVAD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Jack Brisco
Kash Flagg
Member # 1587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kash Flagg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the board Mr. Brisco...look forward to hearing some stories!!
mrtango10
Member # 889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrtango10   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news. WELCOME.
Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome aboard, champ...

... from the Sunshine State!

KrisZ
Member # 291

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KrisZ   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask I:
Welcome aboard, champ...

... from the Sunshine State!

Great to have you as part of the family, Jack.

So long from the Peach State Of Georgia.

nothing to see here
Member # 672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nothing to see here     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, Champ! You've got a lot of fans here, including me.
Timothy-Allen
Member # 1569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timothy-Allen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Mr. Brisco for joining us!
And thank you too Mr. Nulty for making it all possible.

I knew when I found this place it was something special.

Welcome aboard, Jack.

Rich Tate
Administrator
Member # 1374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rich Tate   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome aboard, Mr. B! Can't wait to hear some of your stories.
diamondmd
Member # 1292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamondmd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks in advance for your time champ! I remember being thrilled when I read that you had won the NWA title. I had the privledge of seeing you defend it live only once, but it is a memory that I have never forgotten.
MongolianStomperBBQ
Member # 1721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MongolianStomperBBQ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm honored that you're taking the time to share with us. I remember seeing you take on Roddy Piper in Norfolk, Virginia back in 1982. Best match on the card that night, hands down. What are your opinions on Piper? Thanks alot!
Jack Brisco
Administrator
Member # 1944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Brisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by OneFanGang:

Greetings to you!

As someone who has followed pro wrestling since 1978, I would like to take the opportunity to welcome you aboard.

For a starter question, I would like to ask you about your multi-year rivalry with Dory Funk Jr. At what point did you realize the magnitude of the matches were being viewed as a full-fledged feud by the audience?

Would you say the involvement of your brother and Terry Funk in various matches prolonged an issue that may have had only a certain shelf life if it were just you and Dory?

Finally, I would like your take on your use of the flying dropkick. I've seen a few pictures of you using it, and it seems like perhaps that move wasn't one you enjoyed using, but gave a new aspect to your style that fans could appreciate. Would that be an accurate statement, or did the dropkick come naturally to you in the course of a match? Again, glad to have you here, Jack.

I thought it was just local until they booked Junior and I in Charlotte and neither one of us had ever been to Charlotte. We got to Charlotte and it was soldout with people standing outside trying to get in.

A short time late, I went to St Louis fot a couple of shots. The third time they booked me with Dory and it sold out weeks in advance. All the promoters started wanting us then.

The brothers versus brothers prolonged it. It gave it life. It gave us new angles and stuff. The Funks were always Brisco wannabes, espeically Dory.

I loved to dropkick! I always tried to incorporate it into the figure four where I'd hit it before I slapped on the figure four. I can still jump as high, as just can't stay up as long.

[This message has been edited by Jack Brisco (edited 10-16-2001).]

OneFanGang
Member # 1033

Thanks for the response, Jack.

Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Brisco:
The Funks were always Brisco wannabes, espeically Dory.

Whee!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations