WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Virtual Wrestling » [WCFL] ECW HARDCORE TV 012

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: [WCFL] ECW HARDCORE TV 012
Grape Ape
Member # 15672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grape Ape     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"It is 10 PM, do you know where your children are"?

Following the public service announcement and the station logo disappears, ECW's Hardcore TV logo pops up ...

-

Extreme Championship Wrestling presents: ECW Hardcore TV 012
Saturday, March 10th, 1998

We clip to ...

Joey Styles in front of the crooked ECW banner.

-

Joey Styles: This year ... 1998 has started off with a bang. A big bang. We've had ups ... the return of familiar faces ... and the ouster of a man ready to remove ECW from it's native Philadelphia. We've seen a change of heart in the long time ECW Heavyweight Champion as well as his passing ... the downs, no point lower in ECW's history. The year has just started and it is looking bigger and brighter than it ever has ... tonight, we have a return of sorts as a new look Bullies, led by the Warlord Pat Tanaka, are in tag team action and in our Main Event, we have a continuation of the One Man Gang's on-going feud with Tommy Dreamer!

BREAKING NEWS! PITBULL #1 HAS DEFEATED CHRIS CHAMPION AND FORMER TAG TEAM PARTNER, PITBULL #2 TO WIN THE VACANT ECW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP!

x-x-x-x-x COMMERCIAL BREAK x-x-x-x-x

-

An in-house advertisement for Friday, March 30th, ECW returns to the Convention Hall in Asbury Park, New Jersey for LIVING DANGEROUSLY '98!

Already signed ... Pitbull #1 defends the Title against Pitbull #2, Tommy Dreamer goes 1-on-1 against the One Man Gang once again and the former Tag Team Champions, Doomsday get their rematch against the Public Enemy for the Tag Straps!

We clip to ...

Da Bullies (the Warlord Pat Tanaka & CG Afi w/Kimona versus the "New Franchise" Chris Douglas and Boy Toy Trent
A lot of talking between Douglas and the Boy Toy before the match while their opponents wait patiently.

Joey Styles: Chris Douglas has not met with the same success his supposed brother, Shane Douglas has found both here and elsewhere ...

Clip to ...

The start of the match with Douglas convincing the Boy Toy to kick things off for their team. While pacing out on the floor, Douglas is in no position to even see partner Boy Toy Trent take a beating from both Tanaka and Afi.

Clip to ...

Joey Styles: There's the tag ... and Douglas is finally in ... wait a second, he tagged the Boy Toy back in before he was even out of the ring? Can you believe it?

A surprised Trent looking for a breather but getting tagged back in gets into an argument with Douglas. A couple of slaps thrown, with Trent getting in the hardest one but that ends with Tanaka's spinning kick that wipes out both opponents. Several chops, kicks and strikes later and Boy Toy is ready to go night-night. One moonsault later by Afi and this match is over.

Joey Styles: The new look Bullies come in and pick up a victory.

Time for a commercial break.

-

An in-house advertisement for Friday, March 30th, ECW returns to the Convention Hall in Asbury Park, New Jersey for LIVING DANGEROUSLY '98!

Already signed ... Pitbull #1 defends the Title against Pitbull #2, Tommy Dreamer goes 1-on-1 against the One Man Gang once again and the former Tag Team Champions, Doomsday get their rematch against the Public Enemy for the Tag Straps!

BREAKING NEWS! PITBULL #1 HAS DEFEATED CHRIS CHAMPION AND FORMER TAG TEAM PARTNER, PITBULL #2 TO WIN THE VACANT ECW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP!

We clip to ...

Joey Styles: Last month, Tommy Dreamer dedicated his match against the One Man Gang at the ECW Arena to Louie Spicolli. In a heart felt speech prior to the the match, Tommy promised to beat the One Man Gang for his friend. As Tommy found out, this time a task too great ... perhaps the emotion of losing Spicolli just days before added to the fact of the reality of facing 500 plus pounds of angry fury of the One Man Gang. No matter what the reason, the loss by Dreamer did not deter him as the two men have continued their war ... this week, in action from the Fieldhouse in Hamburg, PA ...

Hack Myers versus One Man Gang
Joined In Progress, the Shah Myers fires off left hands as the fans chant "Shah" with each blast that lands. Winding up, Myers hits with one last one as the Ganger slumps in the corner.

Joey Styles: These two big men have met before with Myers picking up the upset victory in singles competition ... with a little help from Beulah McGillicutty ...

Clip to ...

After battering Myers with the chain and making him a bloody mess, OMG wraps it around the Shah's throat and drags him around the ring, choking him with it.

Joey Styles: The Extreme Shah Hack Myers taking a beating here ... wait a second ... someone just hopped the barricade ... IT'S TOMMY DREAMER!

Clip to ...

Dreamer in the ring and nailing the big guy from behind. Dreamer firing off lefts and rights on Gang and catching him completely off guard.

Joey Styles: Tommy Dreamer has caught the One Man Gang completely by surprise ... and now, he's taking the chain off of Hack Myers' throat ... Beulah helping Myers to the outside ...

Clip to ...

Dreamer whipping Gang across the ring and on the return, smashing him in the face with the chain. A second blow staggers him and a third one takes him off his feet.

Joey Styles: One Man Gang pulls himself back to his feet ... LARIATOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Tommy going to the well of his training with Kenta Kobashi.

Clip to ...

One Man Gang down in the center of the ring with Dreamer and Myers shaking hands.

Joey Styles: STEREO ELBOW DROP!!! 1!!! 2!!! NO!!!!!

Clip to ...

One Man Gang back to his feet and in a huff ... double clothesline misses both targets as Dreamer and Myers duck under. Beulah sliding a chair across the mat. On the return off the far ropes, OMG right into a double booting to the midsection ...

-

Double DDT and the One Man Gang is driven face first into the chair. Bleeding profusely after hitting the chair, he is rolled over and Myers hooks a leg while Dreamer slaps out a count along with the referee ... 1!!! 2!!! 3!!!

Joey Styles: HACK MYERS HAS BEATEN THE ONE MAN GANG ONCE AGAIN!

... just in time for another clip to moment as the familiar music starts up ...

Clip to ...

Dick Dale's Misirlou playing in the background, it's the Public Enemy ... carrying their tag team title belts.

Rocco Rock: Hey, champ ...

Johnny Grunge: Hey, champ ...

Rocco Rock: Hey, champ ...

Johnny Grunge: Hey, champ ...

Rocco Rock: We did it. We said we'd do it and we did it!

Johnny Grunge: Yeah, champ ...

Clip to ...

It's the One Man Gang

One Man Gang: TOMMY DREAMER! YOU'RE FINDING THINGS A LITTLE HARDER NOW THAT YOU'RE DOING IT ALL ALONE! IT ISN"T SO EASY AGAINST SOMEONE 500 POUNDS, IS IT? YOU PROMISED THE FANS A WIN! YOU DEDICATED THE MATCH TO LOUIE SPICOLLI!

HOW DID THAT WORK OUT FOR YOU? ONE ON ONE ISN'T SO EASY IS IT? WELL GUESS WHAT MR. ECW ... I RAN YOU OUT OF PHILADELPHIA ONCE BEFORE AND I'M GONNA DO IT AGAIN! LIVING DANGEROUSLY! ONE MORE TIME! FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE! AND THE BEST PART? AFTER I END YOUR CAREER AND SEND YOU HEADING FOR THE HILLS ... I'M GONNA TAKE BEULAH FROM YOU AND SHE'LL BE ALL MINE!

He ends the clip with an obscene gesture with his tongue that is downright stomach turning!

Clip to ...

It's Stevie Richards returned to ECW! Walking the halls to a different beat all his own, he is approached by the Blue Meanie ...

Blue Meanie: Stevie? Is that really you, Stevie or are you just a mirage?

Stevie Richards: Hey, Meanie ...

Richards looks suddenly surprised when the members of High Voltage step into view as Rage piefaces the Meanie out of the way.

Kenny Kaos: Well, well ... look who we have here ... if it isn't The SuperStar himself ... what are you doing here? We thought you were in WWF-Land by now?

Robbie Rage: He's slumming ... came to see how us little guys were doing, didn't you Stevie?

Kenny Kaos: Man, we could have been something, the three of us together ...

Stevie Richards: Yeah, yeah ... could have been something. Look fellas, I gotta run ...

Kenny Kaos: Yeah, sure, another time.

Richards hurries off while High Voltage goes off in the opposite direction, leaving the Blue Meanie by himself.

Blue Meanie: Stevie ... come back ... come back ...

Clip to ...

A seated Chris Champion with Doomsday, Angel Amorosa and Lori Fullington all looking at each other.

Chris Champion: The silence is deafening ... SPEAK!

Adam Flash: Don't worry about it, Chris, we'll take care of it ...

Danny Rose: DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT?!?!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? YOU THREE MIGHT BE AFRAID BUT I'M NOT! YOU WANT ME TO SPEAK? MAYBE YOU WEREN'T PAYING ATTENTION BUT WE HAD THE PUBLIC ENEMY'S NUMBER UNTIL YOUR GIRLFRIEND DECIDED TO PLAY NICE WITH OUR OPPONENTS ...

Adam Flash: Let it go, man ...

Danny Rose: Let it go? That's all you have to say to me? You were one half of the tag champs, too ... UNTIL SHE STUCK HER NOSE IN THE MATCH!

Flash grabs Rose who lunges at Lori Fullington. Angel steps in to block Rose from Fullington. The silent and seated Champion rises and steps between the two.

Chris Champion: ENOUGH!

Lori Fullington: BECAUSE OF YOU I AM NO LONGER THE TELEVISION CHAMPION!

Chris Champion: ENOUGH! It would appear that I have made a mistake and perhaps the road best travelled leads in another direction ... maybe it is time to take that path ...

Without another word, Champion walks off.

Danny Rose: What the hell?!?!?

Clip to ...

It's Joey Styles ...

Joey Styles: ... and next week, we'll have that tag match in its entirety! The Public Enemy taking on Doomsday!

Styles turns as he is suddenly joined by Cyrus.

Cyrus: Just the man I was looking for ... the "Golden Pipes" of ECW. If I may, Mr. Styles ... as you know, ECW returns to the Convention Hall in Asbury Park, New Jersey on Friday, March 30th for LIVING DANGEROUSLY '98! ...

Joey Styles: Yes, I was aware of it ...

Cyrus: In years gone by, the only way to see this wonderous event would be to go live ... buy yourself a ticket, drive to Asbury Park the night of the event, find a parking spot, etc. and so on!

Joey Styles: Right ...

Cyrus: A lot of work, a lot of time and money ... BUT ... those were the old days. In this ECW, in this day and age, the governing heads of the WCFL want Extreme Championship Wrestling brought to the masses ... those both washed and unwashed ...

Joey Styles: Ooooooo ... kay ...

Cyrus: That's right Joey Styles, I can hardly contain myself to announce 1998 ... Friday, March 30th to be exact ... Extreme Championship Wrestling moves forward with their first Pay Per View of the year ... LIVING DANGEROUSLY '98! ... HAHAHA!!! How do you like me now?

Cyrus is surprised by his toothless cohort Ralphus steps in ...

Ralphus: I like ya just fine, sir!

The program ends with the LIVING DANGEROUSLY '98! graphic and all the info for the PPV.

IP: Logged
cwalt
Member # 3615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cwalt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good show to set up the PPV.
jp1985
Member # 113226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jp1985     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting point for the promotion. Usually somebody dies and it's overly prepared for ahead of time, but Spicolli creates a noticeable hole here, even with Dreamer added. It should make for a good few months as the talent is on the roster to step up and fill the void, just a question of who. Pitbull #1 is certainly an early beneficiary.

Chris Douglas had a few laughs but not sure how the gimmick would play out if Shane actually showed up. Can't see him playing along with that and just burying the idea dead through an infamous "Franchise shoot". Like the role for Tanaka. Also like the hold off on Tony Mamaluke with the alternate name. Could have thrown together a poor man's F.B.I. with Sal E and Vito, but without Guido, it would have been a tough sell.

Hack Myers is getting a decent push here too at Gang's expense. Without the usual suspects of Balls, Axl, or New Jack, he helps put some extreme in the product and becomes almost essential.

Cryptic words in the close by Champion. He's had a good run so far but a slight reinvention could be just what he needs to get to the top.

Grape Ape
Member # 15672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grape Ape     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I decided on not using the knowledge of his impending death in my booking plans and left the belt on Spicolli, to deal with after his passing. There were scenarios written that put the belt on someone else as well as putting the tag titles in Dreamer and Spicolli as a feel good moment but I decided against both (and others) in favor of the more organic approach.
Mississippi fan
Member # 444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mississippi fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fun show in gearing up for the PPV. Really liked the ending.
OLD SCHOOL WRASSLIN'
Member # 18320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OLD SCHOOL WRASSLIN'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dreamer has really gotten into The Gang's head. Like the Tanaka role. What is Champion going to do? Great stuff.

--------------------
APPALACHIAN STATE 34 TOLEDO 0
DOLLAR GENERAL BOWL 2017
GO APPS!!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations