WrestlingClassics.com Message Board
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Virtual Wrestling » WCFL ROSTER & TRANSACTION THREAD - Winter 1998 (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: WCFL ROSTER & TRANSACTION THREAD - Winter 1998
Commish from California
Member # 128796

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Commish from California     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HWA drops Evan Karaigis.
IP: Logged
cwalt
Member # 3615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cwalt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
UCW picks up Evan Karaigis and drop Kongo Kong.
The Jack of Diamonds
Member # 47538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Jack of Diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
New South drops Elizabeth and moves Teddy Long to the third manager position.
Commish from California
Member # 128796

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Commish from California     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HWA would like to make Gabe Sapolsky our General Manager.
jp1985
Member # 113226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jp1985     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Big one ... OVW trades AJ Styles & Lita to ECW for Kurt Angle.
jp1985
Member # 113226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jp1985     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OVW adds Mr. Hughes as a bodyguard.
abundant
Member # 116389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abundant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wildside moves Al Getz to the announce position and adds "Honest" John Cheatham, who isn't on the FA List, put I'm pretty sure was managing Abdullah the Butcher by 98.
Grape Ape
Member # 15672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grape Ape     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by abundant:
Wildside moves Al Getz to the announce position and adds "Honest" John Cheatham, who isn't on the FA List, put I'm pretty sure was managing Abdullah the Butcher by 98.

He was working Music City in '98, I believe.
BRobb123
Member # 5653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BRobb123   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
H2W sends Homicide to Heartland for Devon Storm.

H2W signs Ace Darling.

MoneyDragon
Member # 4646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MoneyDragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
h2w wwf sends dan sevren to h2w for mike modest

--------------------
free

Mississippi fan
Member # 444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mississippi fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sat. Texas Wrestling releases Butch Reed & bring in Barry Darsow from the FA pool.
Commish from California
Member # 128796

I was unaware of Adam Windsor's age when I signed him, which is admittedly my bad. If it's allowed, I'd like to drop him in favor of The Messiah rather than having Windsor on my roster without using him any further.
Commish from California
Member # 128796

HWA would also like to wish Jillian Hall well in her future endeavors and sign Mark Madden - although I'd like to use him as a manager, if that's allowed.

If not, I'll pick a replacement.

abundant
Member # 116389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abundant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wildside drops Mike Quackenbush and picks up Shannon Moore, who became eligible last year.
jp1985
Member # 113226

He's being held until the next dispersal draft. I caught that mistake of him not being in the rookie draft when I noticed after the fact that he was previously in an earlier rookie draft and then removed due to age, and figured that was the fairest way to remedy it.

Unfortunately there's no list of people previously removed due to age in 2017, 2016, etc., so this will occasionally happen.

abundant
Member # 116389

Cool. I kept checking the rosters to make sure that no one had picked him up, because even though Moore's not a big name, he was big enough that he should never spend a lot of time on the FA List.

[ 02-11-2018, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: abundant ]

BRobb123
Member # 5653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BRobb123   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
H2W picks up Don Frye to get us to 25 wrestlers.
cwalt
Member # 3615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cwalt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
UCW trades Chris Kanyon to HWA for Jim Ross and a second round pick in the next draft.
MoneyDragon
Member # 4646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MoneyDragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wwf sends jesse james to ucw for buff bagwell effictive this oming monday.

--------------------
free

Commish from California
Member # 128796

To get to limit, HWA releases Droz.
Blind Guy
Member # 40601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind Guy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WCW

SENDS Christian York to ECW t complete a previous deal
DROPS Ultimate Warrior

ADDS
Super Calo
Horshu (AKA Luther Reigns) Had him last spring seems MIA

--------------------
Michael Moriarty as Henry Wiggen in, "Bang the Drum Slowly" (1973)

"From here on in, I rag nobody"

CokeMan
Member # 125331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CokeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For IMMEDIATE RELEASE

JONESBORO - After getting the word of becoming a primary promotion effective this morning from the WCFL office, Power Pro Wrestling has the following transactions to announce:

Debra has been hired as our third manager.

The Barbarian, Lash Leroux, Kimberly Page, Droz and Melissa Coates have all been signed to full time roster spots.
Scott Bowden (third ref) and Scott Armstrong (fourth ref serving as misc staff) have been hired.

Jackie Fargo has been contracted to serve as our WCFL rep for meetings.

Also, Criag Johnson has been hired as a third announcer for our soon to be syndicated program.

PPW is also proud to announce its partnership with RayComm, the parent company of KAIT. Beginning this week, PPW will be shown on the RayComm family of networks at each channel's discretion. Craig Johnson will serve as the primary announcer on the syndicated show which will be a mash-up of arena highlights and the studio show.

And finally, the biggest announcement of them all. Power Pro Wrestling is going home so to speak. PPW has been granted the Western portion of Tennessee in addition to Arkansas, which will remain a weekly stop as it has been for the promotion. After careful consideration, the decision has been made to move our live TV show to one of RayComm's flagship stations and into the historic WMC-TV5 Studios in Memphis, TN. Our first live TV show will eminate from there on March 10. Live simulcasts of the program will continue in Jonesboro, Little Rock and Fayetteville with the syndicated show set to air on the remainder of the RayComm stations. WBBJ in Jackson, TN will also carry the syndicated show.

PPW is also planning it's first PPV with a date in May selected.

[ 02-14-2018, 05:22 AM: Message edited by: CokeMan ]

cwalt
Member # 3615

UCW promotes Kris Germany to the main roster.
The Jack of Diamonds
Member # 47538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Jack of Diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
New South drops Scott Putski and picks up Ultimate Warrior.
MoneyDragon
Member # 4646

wwf sends savio vega to h2w for a few talent loans over the next few weeks and a deep dish pizzzia and a manie lobster.

--------------------
free

Commish from California
Member # 128796

Heartland would like to specify Michael Cole as ring announcer/TV interviewer and add Michael Hayes as an announcer.
cwalt
Member # 3615

UCW trades Buff Bagwell to The WWF for Jesse James
cwalt
Member # 3615

UCW drops Dawn Marie as a manager.
MoneyDragon
Member # 4646

wwf drops rick rude to bring in dawn marie as a anylist

--------------------
free

The Jack of Diamonds
Member # 47538

New South picks up Robert Fuller as the WCFL Representative.
BRobb123
Member # 5653

H2W drops Necro Butcher to get back to the limit.
Commish from California
Member # 128796

HWA signs Necro Butcher.
jp1985
Member # 113226

quote:
Originally posted by Commish from California:
HWA signs Necro Butcher.

You need to drop somebody to pick him up.
Commish from California
Member # 128796

quote:
Originally posted by jp1985:
quote:
Originally posted by Commish from California:
HWA signs Necro Butcher.

You need to drop somebody to pick him up.
Was just deciding who. Tom Howard is finishing (for now) as of tonight anyway so I’ll drop him.
Blind Guy
Member # 40601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind Guy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WCW

DROP Lloyd Anoa'i (AKA Alofa)

MOVE El Dandy to regular roster from Enhancement crew

--------------------

Commish from California
Member # 128796

quote:
Originally posted by Blind Guy:
WCW

DROP Lloyd Anoa'i (AKA Alofa)

MOVE El Dandy to regular roster from Enhancement crew

I'm pretty sure El Dandy Davis is already on the OVW roster.

(Just kidding.)

cwalt
Member # 3615

UCW, drops Cliff Compton , Al Perez , Jim Steele
UCW picks Henry Godwin, Dennis Knight,Cassidy Riley

[ 02-26-2018, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: cwalt ]

Blind Guy
Member # 40601

WCW

MOVES Marlena from MGR position to Women's booking contingent
MOVES Bill Alfonso from REF position to MGR
ADDS Randy Anderson as REF

--------------------

CokeMan
Member # 125331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CokeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
02/28/1998
As a result of his loss in a loser-leaves-town match, Power Pro Wrestling has no choice but to trade Big Show and his suitor is Heartland Wrestling Association in exchange for Bradshaw and HWA's first-round rookie draft pick for 1999.

abundant
Member # 116389

Wildside sends Low Ki to WWF to pay off past Future Considerations. We replace him with Lazz.
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations