WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Lou Thesz forum » 1952 photo, Identity Needed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 1952 photo, Identity Needed
MacHeath
Member # 128935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MacHeath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dad photographed some matches in 1952.

I'm trying to identify the guy on the right, standing up (not the ref). The guy on the mat is Verne Gagne.

https://fineartamerica.com/featured/verne-gagne-at-left-in-a-wrestling-match-in-1952-the-harrington-collection.html?newartwork=true

(btw, I can't figure out how to embed a photo into the message, so use the link)

[ 02-13-2018, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: MacHeath ]

IP: Logged
codystarbuck
Member # 27176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for codystarbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the banner in the background says Hans Schmidt vs Verne Gagne, but that doesn't look like the photos of Hans Schmidt I found via google.

--------------------
"The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it’s as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues." —Terry Pratchett

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely not Hans. Obviously a poster for an upcoming event. Let's copy this over to the Thesz board where it's more likely to get an answer.

--------------------
So long from the Sunshine State!

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think it's Dutch Hefner.

--------------------

diamondmd
Member # 1292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamondmd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Either Hefner or Dick Raines.

--------------------
http://www.gccwhistory.com/

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

I looked at Raines first. Between the two of them it's Hefner.

--------------------

Chitown Rich
Member # 944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chitown Rich     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe one of the Zaharias Brothers?
CrusherBolo
Member # 1137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrusherBolo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's Johnny Moochy (Mucciacciaro) of Rib Lake, WI. Date is June 14, 1952 at Marigold. The banner in the background is for the Amphitheatre June 27 card. Gagne beat Moochy in straight falls. Moochy was one of the first US soldiers captured by the Japanese after war broke out. His POW story (not wrestling publicity) is amazing.

[ 02-14-2018, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: CrusherBolo ]

Steve Ogilvie
Member # 5116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Ogilvie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I think the banner is for a show at Wrigley Field, which would be this show: June 27, 1952

--------------------
"Mr 100%"

CrusherBolo
Member # 1137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrusherBolo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ogilvie:
Actually, I think the banner is for a show at Wrigley Field, which would be this show: June 27, 1952

I just came back to correct myself. Yes, Wrigley Field. Thanks, Steve. (But I'm 100% on Moochy)
Steve Ogilvie
Member # 5116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Ogilvie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bogni - Rocca match was from June 11, 1952 at the Rainbo.

--------------------
"Mr 100%"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations