WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Lou Thesz forum » Attention Aussie Posse: Meeting with Aussie Mike in Sydney on Sunday 19 November 2017

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Attention Aussie Posse: Meeting with Aussie Mike in Sydney on Sunday 19 November 2017
Ed Lock from Sydney, Aust
Member # 76599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ed Lock from Sydney, Aust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
G'day Blokes,

Aussie Mike will be in Sydney on Sunday 19 November 2017 for a beer and a feed at one of the historic pubs in The Rocks district.

An early arvo session is planned and all Posse members are invited to attend.

Confirmed attendees are Mr 1derful, Mr 1derful Jr (our interstate guest of honour), Grayson Summers (ring announcer/commentator extraordinaire) and myself. "Dirty" Dann Lennard (of Picture magazine infamy), Graham "Fozzy" Young (Australia's top wrestling referee) and Wayne "Lofty" Pickford (former wrestler) are all eager to join us. Also invited are Piledriver magazine colleagues Konnan El Chardaro and Andrew Prentice plus Martin Heppell (of Wrestling Clips Of The 50's to 2017 FB page).

Naturally, our Posse stalwarts Jimba, John Shelvey, Micawber, Steerforth and clan are all encouraged to attend.

Geoff Brown and Laz "Dr D" have, of course, been invited but I appreciate that they probably can't travel up from Melbourne for the day. Ditto, Greg from up north in Brisbane.

I don't know when Mike will be able to visit Australia again so everyone is urged to rock up on Sunday 19 November 2017 to meet the great man and enjoy a beer (or something softer) in the good company of wrestling lovers.

If anyone would like to suggest a particular watering hole in The Rocks, please feel free to do so. Mike is staying in Circular Quay, hence the location of our get together. In nominating an inn of your choice, please ensure that Micawber is not serving a lifetime ban from that particular establishment. [Wink]

Friends of The Aussie Posse are welcome to join us but it should be noted that Mike's missus, Mrs 1derful, Mrs Lock, etc. have politely declined to accompany us on the day. [Smile]

Cheers!

Ed

IP: Logged
Mr. 1derful
Member # 5666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. 1derful   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somewhere that Micawber isn't serving a lifetime ban from, eh? Geez, that's going to narrow the field down! [Big Grin]
Steve Ogilvie
Member # 5116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Ogilvie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, that's a week after i'm town. Sounds like a great crew, have a beer or two for me.

--------------------
"Mr 100%"

Member # 76599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ed Lock from Sydney, Aust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ogilvie:
Ah, that's a week after i'm town. Sounds like a great crew, have a beer or two for me.

G'day Steve,

What dates are you in Sydney, mate? Please email me if that is more convenient for you.

I'm in Melbourne for the Kazuchika Okada show the weekend before Aussie Mike hits Sydney.

I fear that I could be in Melbourne when you are in Sydney. If not, I'd love to catch up with you for a beer one night if you are free.

I'm sure that Mr 1derful would also enjoy your good company - if he's not out winning trivia contests in pubs throughout the Harbour City. [Smile]

Cheers Mr 100%!

Ed

Mr. 1derful
Member # 5666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. 1derful   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Lock from Sydney, Aust:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ogilvie:

G'day Steve,

What dates are you in Sydney, mate? Please email me if that is more convenient for you.

I'm in Melbourne for the Kazuchika Okada show the weekend before Aussie Mike hits Sydney.

I fear that I could be in Melbourne when you are in Sydney. If not, I'd love to catch up with you for a beer one night if you are free.

I'm sure that Mr 1derful would also enjoy your good company - if he's not out winning trivia contests in pubs throughout the Harbour City. [Smile]

Cheers Mr 100%!

Ed

What Ed Said. I'm sure that one of us would be able to accommodate you!

[ 11-05-2017, 04:49 AM: Message edited by: Mr. 1derful ]

Member # 76599

G'day Aussie Posse and Friends,

We'll kick off at the Orient Hotel, 89 George Street (corner Argyle Street), The Rocks (Sydney) at 1pm on Sunday 19 November 2017.

Those who can't make a 1pm start will be warmly welcomed upon arrival thereafter.

Cheers!

Ed

Mr. 1derful
Member # 5666

I must confess, in conducting the strenuous research to find a suitable watering hole, I did not have the opportunity to check on Micawber's eligibility, banwise.

However, if there is a problem, I'm sure we can sneak him in under a mask and perhaps call him the Sensational, Intelligent Micawber!

Aussie Mike in Dc
Member # 1952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aussie Mike in Dc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking forward to this immensely folks.

Will probably be there closer to 3 p.m though.... hope that’s ok.

Have just settled into Melbourne for a weeks training camp before I run into that reincarnation of the fabulous Kangoaroos Ed lock and Mr. Wonderful... I might have to look for a quick tag or even a foreign object to compete.

I will be wearing the buddy Austin black tights with plenty of shade over the tool shed so I shouldn’t be too hard to recognize.

Oh and by the way Megan Gale won’t be with me this time !!

Cheers and see you soon Posse members !

Member # 76599

quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Mike in Dc:
Looking forward to this immensely folks.

Will probably be there closer to 3 p.m though.... hope that’s ok.

Have just settled into Melbourne for a weeks training camp before I run into that reincarnation of the fabulous Kangoaroos Ed lock and Mr. Wonderful... I might have to look for a quick tag or even a foreign object to compete.

I will be wearing the buddy Austin black tights with plenty of shade over the tool shed so I shouldn’t be too hard to recognize.

Oh and by the way Megan Gale won’t be with me this time !!

Cheers and see you soon Posse members !

G'day Aussie Mike,

Miranda Kerr has specifically requested no shade below your tool shed shade. [Wink]

A 3pm ring entrance is cool, mate. Mr 1derful, our sons and I just want to have a few warm up matches before your main event, brother.

I've been in training with our Kiwi mate, Steve Ogilvie (Mr 100%), who unfortunately will be back in NZ when you make your triumphant return to the Harbour City.

Can't wait to catch(-as-catch-can) up with you, mate.

Cheers Coach!

Ed

[ 11-09-2017, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: Ed Lock from Sydney, Aust ]

Geoff from Melbourne
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff from Melbourne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would love to be up there but I am grounded in Melbourne for the rest of 2017.

--------------------
Geoff from Melbourne

Jimba
Member # 1949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jimba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry guys but I have a trip planned to go to the NSW south coast on that weekend....... Enjoy yourselves!

[ 11-10-2017, 04:28 AM: Message edited by: Jimba ]

Member # 76599

quote:
Originally posted by Greg from Brisbane:
Hopefully fun will be had at the get together. guys.

G'day Greg,

Hopefully we can all get together one day soon, mate.

I'd love to meet you.

Cheers champ!

Ed

Member # 76599

quote:
Originally posted by Geoff from Melbourne:
Would love to be up there but I am grounded in Melbourne for the rest of 2017.

G'day Geoff,

Melbourne's gain is definitely Sydney's loss. [Frown]

Cheers champion!

Ed

Aussie Mike in Dc
Member # 1952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aussie Mike in Dc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gidday Ed,

I met Geoff and his lovely Mrs who puts up with his pro wrestling obsession, on Sunday.

Every bit as nice a bloke in real life as he is online.

Cheers mate looking forward to Sunday !,

Mike

Member # 76599

Andrew Prentice has confirmed his attendance at the Orient Hotel, 89 George Street (corner Argyle Street), The Rocks (Sydney) from 1pm this Sunday 19 November 2017.

Andrew (like Aussie Mike, Steve Chard and myself) used to write for the Piledriver magazine.

I'm really looking forward to catching up with you blokes this Sunday.

Cheers!

Ed

Micawber
Member # 78610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Micawber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many thanks for the invitation Ed. Unfortunately I have business out west. Also, Micawber won't be making the long haul home until the eve of the 1st Test.

However I have assigned Traddles, youngest of The Seven, to represent the clan at your over the top rope Russian Roulette. He is by some distance the most sweet and low key member of the family, up to the point of his 12th schooner or the broaching of one or two controversial topics. Then it is time to look for Skull Murphy's helmet. He will probably be joined by Ham, in whose presence you have nothing to fear from anyone.

We have always had a good relationship with the Orient, so no bans in place. Their bouncers in recent years are Sydney's most zealous and humourless, at least to inbound patrons. So no prior skinful for you Aussie Mike. Will you be putting the boys through arduous workouts in between schooners?

Steerforth

Member # 76599

G'day Steerforth,

I'm really pleased that Traddles and, hopefully, Ham will be joining us at the Orient this Sunday.

I look forward to meeting you and possibly even the elusive Micawber at a future gathering.

Thanks for the heads up regarding the bouncers at the Orient Hotel.

I trust that the only workouts planned by Aussie Mike will be schooner curls.

Cheers mate!

Ed

Aussie Mike in Dc
Member # 1952

Micawber/Steerforth.... the bouncers have nothing to fear from me.... the nearest I get to hurling abuse at these masters of the mesomorph is via a fast moving plane heading towards parts unknown !,

Glad that a member of the Micawber clan will be in attendance to act a as referee during this ultimate survivor series ! Just in case there is any shenanigans form the likes of Ed and Mr W I’m bringing the ringside stair case Skull Murphy somehow hid from referee Mike Hunt before belting Larry Oday over the noggin !

See you Sunday at the Orient, fellow knights of the squared circle !!

Aussie Mike

Micawber
Member # 78610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Micawber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aussie, I will instruct the boys to look for Johnny Gray, as I've heard it rumoured that you are he. But beware the blindside from Kevin Martin though. And I'm told Ed Lock may still be running with cast on the arm angle (from his days as a Norths Bear)? Probably the only way to identify him?

Steerforth

Member # 76599

G'day Steerforth,

The gimmick of the bung wing was restricting my drinking so I've had to dispense with it. [Smile]

For the benefit of Traddles and Ham please get them to check out www.facebook.com/iwaustralia

Please ask the lads to scroll down a fair bit until they come to 2 photos featuring the Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame in Wichita Falls, Texas.

That's little, old (quite appropriate terms) me standing outside the Hall of Fame, plus posing inside the premises with PWHF President Cowboy Johnny Mantell.

Mr 1derful and 1derful Jr should be easy for Traddles and Ham to spot as they'll probably be wearing their Pacific Pro Wrestling polo shirts. [Wink]

Cheers mate!

Ed

Micawber
Member # 78610

Portrait of a Heel Manager if I've ever seen one. Vince McMahon would tag you The Lion in Winter.

Steerforth.

Mr. 1derful
Member # 5666

I've just returned from Circular Quay, where we took the opportunity of visiting the Orient Hotel to offer our apologies in advance for the impending chaos caused by the Russian Roulette being staged at their venue tomorrow.

In other words, we're all good to go!

Member # 76599

quote:
Originally posted by Micawber:
Portrait of a Heel Manager if I've ever seen one. Vince McMahon would tag you The Lion in Winter.

Steerforth.

G'day Steerforth,

Thanks for the compliment, mate. [Wink]

Cheers!

Ed

Member # 76599

Only 1 Sydney sleep to go!

Special thanks to Mr 1derful for selecting the venue and for scoping the premises to ensure that they are ring-worthy for our gathering.

I can't wait to meet Aussie Mike, Traddles, Ham and Andrew plus renew acquaintances with 1derful Jr, and pick up the shout with frequent drinking mates Mr 1derful, Fozzy, Lofty, DDL, etc. tomorrow arvo.

I'm sure that our session will produce many a good yarn about the original World Championship Wrestling promotion of Barnett-Doyle/Miller-O'Day plus perhaps a chat about the great local scene of today.

When we've pulled up stumps we can rock off to our respective abodes and watch NXT Takeover (Houston): WarGames on the Network.

Cheers champions!

Ed

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations