WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Lou Thesz forum » Wladyslaw "Iron" Talun

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wladyslaw "Iron" Talun
JOpiela
Member # 10369

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOpiela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seeing Talun's name in the other thread reminded me of some pictures I have. Talun was a big star in Buffalo and lived in the area. I had some emails with his niece who was also local referee Teddy Thomas's daughter. It turns out Thomas was his sponsor when he came over from Poland and Talun ended up marrying Thomas's sister Edith.

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

-

IP: Logged
Ed Lock from Sydney, Aust
Member # 76599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ed Lock from Sydney, Aust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
G'day Joe,

Thanks for posting the great photos of Wladyslaw "Iron" Talun and the accompanying info.

I have read that Talun was billed as 6 foot 8 inches tall and 300 pounds. He certainly looks a striking physical specimen in the top two wrestling promo poses.

I believe that the third photo features Wladyslaw as the biblical character Goliath from the movie "David and Bathsheba" (starring Gregory Peck).

Cheers!

Ken Viewer
Member # 5528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Viewer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great photos Joe. Thanks for sharing them.

Ken

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations