WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Lou Thesz forum » Anyone remember Diamond Jack - manager - Buddy Rogers.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone remember Diamond Jack - manager - Buddy Rogers.
Tom Burke
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Burke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone remember Diamond Jack who was a manager of Buddy Rogers for a short time? I think he also managed Johnny Barend as well. This would be in the early 60's on the East Coast. If my memory is right he comes back in 1969 with the UWF - Universal Wrestling Federation - opposition to the WWWF in Philadelphia. Johnny Barend, Buddy Rogers also in the UWF. Anyone remember any of this?
IP: Logged
doug
Member # 185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember Diamond Jack. He used to wear a turban, had a goatee, and carried a cane with a big diamond for the top handle. He seemed to be a temporary substitute for Bobby Davis. However, Diamond Jack had none of the charisma or mic skills of Davis (although he maintained Davis' style of interfering with Rogers' matches). Purportedly, Diamond Jack was Buddy's brother-in-law at that time. If I recall correctly, Diamond Jack accompanied Rogers into the ring when Buddy dropped the title to Bruno. Bobby Davis was not there for that May 1963 MSG match maybe because Bobby was not on-board with Buddy trying to perform in spite of having heart problems (angina). Bobby did appear with Rogers at matches during the Summer of 1963. I don't remember seeing Diamond Jack after Buddy disappered in Sept. 1963.

Out of curiousity, does anyone remember seeing Rogers accompanied by another "substitute" manager named Beau Jack during this 1962/63 time frame? I never saw Beau Jack, but I'd like to hear from anyone who might have.

I don't know anything about the UWF in 1969, but I'd like to hear more about it.

IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations